Friday, July 17, 2009

Sisters are for Splashing and Sharing


Can you believe an entire week has passed and these are the only 2 pictures I have to show for it?! What could possibly have caused this pause in the every day blogging or break from the paparazzi-like hounding of my girls for good photos, you wonder? The answer: a very busy schedule from VBS and Dave's absence on a mission trip to Mississippi with his Young Adult group. Today I can say we not only survived the week, but were tremendously blessed by it. I was able to once again be the Bible Leader for Vacation Bible School and I had a great time bringing the stories of Moses to life for the rotations of students that came through my room. We gathered around a burning bush, plagued Pharaoh, painted blood on doorposts, ate a Passover meal and crossed the Red Sea. And as exciting as this all sounds, it was nothing compared to seeing Delia sing her heart out and do the motions to the songs surprisingly well during each day's closing Swamp Stomp. She kept exclaiming, "I singing! I dancing! I clapping! I spinning!" Ella was able to join a kindergarten class and also had a fantastic week making crafts, playing games and riding around on her crew leader's back.
.
Tonight we celebrated the finale of a tiring, but happy week with a trip to our town's new little frozen yogurt place. Dave returns tomorrow night and we can't wait to see him!

No comments: