Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Successfully Transitioned!

I type this blog at 1:22 pm Pacific Time-- a time that for the past year and a half has been a no-computer, no-internet time for me because of naps. While Delia slept in her crib in our study, we made sacrifices. Upon returning from our weeks of vacation, however, I am happy to report that Delia has had one whole successful week in the bunk bed in her sister's room! It took some bribery to get her to stay in that bed (a "nummie" upon waking) and two times now she has not earned that reward, but overall she is doing great! We had just one bad night where she couldn't fall asleep and didn't know how to handle the freedom. I'll take that for the rest of the week's solid naps and nights of sleep, though. I am still getting used to seeing her tiny little self curled up in this giant bed, but I can acknowledge and celebrate that my baby is growing up. Next up: potty training!

No comments: