Saturday, July 18, 2009

Is Your Mama a Llama?

You know she loves Shamu, but did you know Delia's other favorite animal is the llama? Books like Is Your Mama a Llama? and Llama Llama Red Pajama and our frequent trips to the cheese place to feed the llama have fueled this interest. When my church friend, Yvonna, told me about her alpacas and their new batch of babies, I knew I had to take the girls over to visit. What a morning! We got up close to these fluffy-headed, long-lashed gals and learned so much from Yvonna. Not only did Ella and Delia get to feel the super soft mama and baby alpacas, they also collected eggs from the chickens, patted the bristly potbelly pig, watched the horses eat apples, fed the goats leaves and chased the geese around the yard. I asked Yvonna where she kept the giraffe, because our visit today was just as fun as a visit to the zoo!
.



No comments: