Thursday, July 23, 2009

Nostalgia

.
I promise this will be the last post affected by Delia's move to the bunk bed and my office makeover. Lately I've been remembering. As I wash nursery curtains and bedding to pack away or as I see the crib that kept my sleeping babies safe for 4 years in pieces like this waiting to move to the attic, I can't help feeling a little sad and a little longing for the days of the past. I love where we are in life right now and both Dave and I feel very comfortable and peaceful saying our family is complete, but it's still hard to pack away those memories.

I can hardly bear to think about selling all the things that got us through the past few baby years at a garage sale. Yet, I guess I just need to keep in mind that my memories of Ella and Delia's infancy are not physically attached to these particular beams of wood or to this starry night fabric. My memories are in my heart. As long as I can still see each of my girls joyfully greeting me in a pulled up stand after nap time, I have lost nothing. I feel full and content as long as I can still feel the excitement of opening that bag of bedding from Heather in our empty nursery with my belly growing and my arms eager to set up a cozy room for the baby we didn't know yet. And if the eyes of my mind ever grow fuzzy on these details, I'll always have the pictures to keep the memory alive!
.

SO excited about this important element of decor to our starry night baby room.
.

Ella


Delia


Sweet times together. So long, crib!

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Oh Jen, I didn't know you when you were pregnant with Ella, so that was really fun to see. What a sweet post. Precious memories of expecting your babies and then enjoying them...

Amy