Thursday, March 29, 2007

100 Days!

If you notice the ticker at the bottom of our blog, you'll see that today is a landmark in our pregnancy...only 100 days until the new baby arrives! I actually had no idea about this and went about my day as normal. It wasn't until I came home from work that my wonderful husband surprised me with a special treat. He made 100 ladies with 100 balloon tummies that I get to pop each day as I get closer to delivery. I am very excited about the creativity and work he put into such a special surprise! We look forward to this pregnancy becoming even more "real" as we begin such a tangible countdown.



It was a good day all around. The balloon ladies were not my only surprise. Dave and Ella also got me flowers for my last day of work! Today I said farewell to Huntington, my students and my coworkers. They made me a nice "Happy Trails, Jen" sign and got me a little gift and sent me off with many hugs and well wishes.
And if flowers, love from coworkers and cool surprises from my husband weren't enough to make a great day, tonight I got to attend a surprise birthday party for my friend Jetta. Her husband bought her a full size freezer for the garage and tonight about 30 of us filled it with frozen dinners and food that she can use when she has her twins. She was unbelievably shocked and we all shared happy tears with her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! The three stories that you shared here are some of the most thoughtful gestures that I've ever read!! The flowers, the balloons, and the freezer with frozen meals? LOOK AT ALL THE LOVE!! Seriously... awesome, awesome, AWESOME!

Congrats on your last day of work and on having less than 100 days until your due date!!

lots of love, karen