Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Happy Reports

Hello Family and Friends! Thank you all so much for the concern, thoughts, prayers, phone calls, emails, etc. you have given us recently. While our news was not entirely uplifting these past few days, we have good updates today!

It appears Ella is completely back to normal (based on her actions). She uses her hand for everything...holding a fork, clapping, holding my hand, playing...she seems to be experiencing no more pain. Granted, none of the, now 9, blisters have popped yet (and we know when that happens it will be a challenge-- see the blog about her refusal to wear mittens), but for now she's a happy girl.

Cindy is back home now with her daughter and husband, but Zeke (as they are calling him) remains in the NICU. He has already made lots of improvement, though. He switched to a less intense breathing machine and has gotten positive reports from doctors. There are so many people praying for this little guy, I am confident God will quickly grow his lungs to be strong.

Ella was just as happy as a clam yesterday. We played really hard (guess we had to make up for all the lying around and movie watching we did on Monday!). In this picture it's Dress Up Time. Apparently you were right, Auntie Kris-- accessories do make you feel better!

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Hi Ella,

I'm so happy you're OK. I don't like mittens, either, but I do like gloves. Want some gloves?

Love,
Jonathan

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that Ellas little hand is doing better. I felt so sad for her and couldn't get her off my mind! I am sure she had a lot of extra TLC from you both. Give her a huge hug from her Auntie!

Love, Kris