Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Bump Update (Bumpdate?)

About a month ago I posted a picture of my growing tummy. I think this blog may be a good place to give you monthly visual updates on my pregnancy (I do reserve the right to stop this as I grow and feel huge and ugly!) Along with this image of the baby inside me, I'll share some more random new baby info...

The baby is moving consistently now. Some days (like today) it never seems to stop kicking. Not only can I feel it moving, but also Dave can feel it and sometimes we can even see it! This little one is pretty strong. I was just reading an article about how the baby's movements as a fetus can give you hints about its personality. Does this mean my child will be super busy, never stop moving, up all night? If so, I blame Dave's genes!

I had a doctor's appointment today where I heard the heartbeat. Dr. says the baby's slow(er) heartbeat makes him think it's a boy. Our doctor was able to predict that Ella would be a girl based on her fast heartbeat.

Also at the doctor we set up the next appointment... and it's the big one. Mark your calendars for April 3, 2007 (3:30 pm our time). We will have the sonogram that tells us if it's a boy or girl. We've asked Ella and apparently she desires a "bro-no."

And speaking of Ella, she is able to identify that "Mommy's baby" is in my tummy and she may have one in her tummy as well.

As with everything in our lives, we are so thankful! What a blessing that this has been such an easy, healthy and uneventful pregnancy. We love the exciting anticipation of meeting this new member of our family!


(This is a new favorite maternity outfit...it arrived in the mail from Karen, Chris and the boys. So cute-- the pants are capris and it even came with shoes!)

No comments: