Friday, May 16, 2008

4 and 103

I have not been updating the blog. If you're wondering where we've been, the answer is "INSIDE." This week has been gloriously and frustratingly low key. The main reason for this is in the title: $4 gas and 103 degree temps. Our home is the cheapest and coolest place to hang out right now. During Delia's nap, Ella and I were able to brave the heat for about an hour this morning (with the help of her little pool). We gave our garden some care and were happy to discover our first red strawberry! In just a short time we'll have all sorts of fruit and vegetable goodies to enjoy-- tomatoes, beans, zucchinis, cucumbers, strawberries, cantaloupe and basil-- almost all are thriving!

So, sorry for the short blog break. Unless you wanted to see pictures of every toy we own scattered all over the floors, or us in our jammies until lunch time or Delia's new ability to shelf climb (Yes, her feet were off the floor!) or us watching old home movies and videos, I thought I'd just let us live life (mundane as it is) instead of blogging it this week.

3 comments:

Dorina Gilmore said...

This is a very clever way to sum up a sizzling week. We understand. We spent a lot of time in the pool too! The days of summer our here...

Amy said...

Look at your wonderful garden! I am so very proud of you! May your plants survive the 103 heat (wow!) and bear delicious things to eat!
I put some seeds and seedlings in, but last night was a frost advisory (can you beleive that?) and hopefully the seedlings made it through! What a crazy world, huh?
Thought you'd like to know-I felt little one move! I had planned to email you that day and ask when you first felt Ella, and when to expect it, but then I felt it. Very cool and very wierd. :)
We find out in 3 weeks if it is girl or a boy.
We'll let you know! :)

Wicker Family said...

Amen to that! This heat has been limiting. Sorry, I missed your call about Mistlin Park. We would LOVE to go together sometime. I wish it could be before the kids are out of school for the summer but we'll have to see what this new little one brings. We'll keep you posted.