Saturday, May 17, 2008

Date with Daddy

Tonight Dave took Ella out for a night of musical theatre. The play is Pirates of Penzance and it is being performed at school by our middle school students. I tried to prepare Ella for this night and the quiet she'd need to keep by explaining the concept of a play and reading her a story about someone in a play. She said, "After the kids, it will be our turn to go on stage?" and "I want to be the star!" Could I really expect anything less from my fearless little performer?
Shhh, don't tell, but Dave heard from multiple sources (including the students!) that the play is terrible. Ella is his early exit strategy! :)

3 comments:

Dorina Gilmore said...

Any great thoughts or one-liners from Ella about the play?

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! So, did "Ella" make it all the way through the performance? :) I am sure these daddy/daughter nights will become more special to the girls as they grow older. I know my times with my father were!

Love you guys!
Auntie Kris

The VM Family said...

Shockingly Ella made it through the ENTIRE PLAY! Dave came home with a sleeping-in-his-arms daughter and a negative review of the play. When she woke up, Ella described some scene with pirates fighting police men (generals?) to me. It was a fun and successful night!